Choosing floor tiles for your home? How about terracotta tiles? Narrowing down the type of material you want to use for your floors may have been a long process but now that you’ve decided to use tiles, or are considering using tiles, why are terracotta tiles worth a look in? In either case, you’ll want to make a good decision for your floors since it’s one of the most difficult areas of your home to redo.
If terracotta has crossed your mind, hopefully taking a look at some of the pros and cons will help you decide whether it will be the tile of choice for your floors. Take a look.
– If you’re looking to save some money while getting a decent product, terracotta is a good option.
– Suitable for indoors and outdoors and will help add a sense of nature to any space.
– Bacteria and allergen resistant if you’re health conscious or have trouble with allergies.
– Warmer than other tiles for those who go barefoot.
– Can be used outdoors if properly sealed and maintained making them water resistant and weather resistant.
– Not the best tile if you’re looking at doing it yourself and are inexperienced.
– Porous characteristic makes it unsuitable for bathrooms or areas with lots of moisture.
– Not as durable as other tiles.
– Regular cleaning is required.
– Requires experience for installation.
Overall, terracotta tiles certainly aren’t a bad choice for floor tiles if you like the natural touch at a lower price, but it is best to have a professional install them for you if your budget allows. If you would like more information about terracotta floor tiles please visit our showroom at Tile Factory Outlet.